VILLAGE TREE BOARD
At this point, we do not have regularly scheduled meetings, but will pass that information along as schedules are made.
Tree Board Responsibilities
- The Village of Allegany Tree Board has just recently been formed to develop and help facilitate a plan for the development, conservation, and care of the "urban forest".
- Our immediate goals are to review and update our village tree ordinance, and to develop a long-range plan for the urban forest of the village.
- In most cases, "urban forest" refers to trees in the village which are in or impact the public right of ways.
- Our primary purpose is to achieve an urban forest that is safe, healthy, diverse, pleasing to the senses, and functional.
- We are a new board, feeling our way through unknown territory, and welcome input from interested and knowledgeable sources.
Village Tree Board Members
Chairman Trustee Robert Barton
Member Donald Jay McIntosh - ISA Certified Arborist
Member Sue Cooper, Forester