Town and Village of Allegany Recreational Resources
Our community runs its own Recreation Department that services both youth and seniors with a wide range of programs. These programs are created and staffed by Allegany residents with programs running every week. For more information on the programs or the Department select one these links:
Town of Allegany Parks
- Allegany River Park- Park located near the Allegheny River, with much to offer.
- Stayer Park- This park is a group of ball fields for little league and girls softball.
- Town Hall Park- This is a small park, playground war vet park next to the Town Hall.
- Allegheny River Valley Trail- A beautiful paved path that runs in a 5.6 mile loop along the Allegheny River and back.
- BJ's Park- This is a small park with several picnic for taking a break while shopping.
Recreational Opportunities in the Town of Allegany
- Allegany Area Recreational and Sporting Type Groups - Youth and Adult Recreational Activities
- Senior Citizens Program- Activities and trips for our Seniors.
- Allegheny River Boat Launch Areas- The Allegheny River flows through the Town of Allegany and offers many opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, fishing etc.
- Allegany Community Playground- A great play ground for kids.
- High School Tennis Courts
Links to Recreation in the Town of Allegany
- Allegany Skate Park
- O'Dea's Tubing Hill
- St. Bonaventure
- Quick Arts Center
- Rock City Park
- North Nine Mile State Forest
- North Nine Mile Swamp Area
- Snowmobile Trails
- Area Golf Courses
Links to Recreation Near the Town of Allegany