Allegany Fire Department Training & Membership Requirements
Requirements to join the Allegany Fire Department:
- Must fill out a Membership Application.
- Must live in the Allegany Fire District.
- Must be 18 Years of age.
- Must be out of High School.
Once you are voted into the Allegany Fire Department:
- Required to take New York State Fire Fighter Training classes.
Your first year in the department:
- You are considered a probationary fire fighter.
- You must respond to 50% of all fire and MVA calls.
- Must be present at 50% of all Meetings ( held on 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month)
- You must attend 50% of all Pumper Practices (held on 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month)
- You must attend 50% of all work details and Fundraisers.
After your first year all requirements are reduced to 20% attendance.
Requirements to join the Allegany Fire Department Rescue Squad:Same as above except:
- You do not have to live in the Allegany Fire District
- You do not have to take fire fighting training classes.
You are required to take New York State EMT classes once you are voted in.
Click Below To Download A Membership Application
Fire Fighter Training
The Allegany Fire Department holds Fire Fighter training classes on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. These classes are held to introduce new fire fighting techniques, maintain fire equipment, equipment operations and to help keep the fire fighters skills sharp.
Other links of interest
- NYS Firefighter Requirements
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Certification and Education Information
Note: The application forms above are in Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) format. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be downloaded by clicking on the following image: